Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wellness Strategies from Andi Amato

To keep healthy at school I try to always make time for myself, time to do something I actually want to do…aka I don’t study every second of everyday!  If all I ever did was study and keep to myself, I would go insane! This is especially important when I am stressed or feeling overwhelmed. I usually run to relieve stress either outside or at one of the gyms on campus. During stressful weeks I’ve also found it important to eat healthy to keep my energy up… then after an exam I always treat myself to something sinful! (Insomniac Cookies, Creamery Ice Cream, and Grilled Stickies are some of my favorites!)

In general to keep healthy, I find it best to just build working out into my weekly schedule. I also like to pick at least one class a week to take with one of my friends at the White Building. This way it’s both social, and it’s like an obligation since I can’t just skip out on a friend!

My roommate and I freshman year would also turn purple Christmas lights on when we had to stay up later to do a lot of work, it made the atmosphere just a happier place to study. We would also spontaneously redecorate our dorm room door to break up from the monotony of studying!   

Andi Amato is a senior majoring in Industrial Engineering. She has completed internship rotations with Exxon and Intel and will be graduating in May 2012. Andi is serving as your Wellness Strategies Lead for WEPO 2011 and the Engineering Undergraduate Council President this school year. Contact her at andrea.m.amato@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment