Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Why come to WEPO - The Local's Opinion

Dear future WEPOteers,

I want to tell you about my personal experience with WEPO and I hope that it will show you why you MUST come to WEPO! I grew up in the State College Area and decided to major in engineering my senior year. I didn’t look into many orientation programs because I figured I was from the area and didn’t really need to learn much before starting my fall semester. I heard about WEPO through a friend and as soon as I told my mom, she signed me up. 

This might sound familiar to some of you, and I figured that I would at least get to move into the dorms early so it wouldn’t be too bad. Once I got to WEPO I already knew a few students because I had done the engineering LEAP program, but the knowledge and friends I made during WEPO have immeasurable value! I learned even more about campus and the amazing resources the College of Engineering has to offer. 

Even though everything that I learned throughout WEPO gave me a lot of great tools to get started, the asset that I have used the most since WEPO are the people! I met people not only in my group that I was with every day, but from all other majors. I am still friends with all of my WEPO group, and I have met even more people through their friends. 

If you’re thinking that WEPO won’t be that great, or that it isn’t worth forking over your 3 last days of summer, you could not be more wrong!! If you give WEPO a chance I promise that you will love it!!!

Sign up and learn more about WEPO here before June 9th to secure your spot! Space is limited. See you there. =) 

Amy


Amy Szabo is a fifth year in Mechanical Engineering. This summer she is completing her third internship rotation with DOW Chemical. Amy is the Professional Development Session Overall Lead for WEPO '12.

No comments:

Post a Comment