Thursday, May 28, 2015

Living in Engineering House (E-House)

Hey everyone!!! My name is Olivia Caldwell and I am a junior studying civil engineering at Penn State this year. It is hard to believe that I am about to start my junior year of college…. It feels like yesterday that I was receiving my acceptance letter and deciding to come to the greatest university on Earth! I could not be happier with my decision. This summer I have an internship with Delmarva
Olivia and E-House friends in front of McKee Hall (E-House)!
Power in Wilmington, DE. I work in the gas department and do both office and field work. Delmarva Power is part of Pepco Holdings INC. Pepco Holdings INC. and Exelon decided to merge together so I will be able to see what happens when a merger occurs between two companies.


After I decided to go to Penn State I started to wonder where I was going to live. I had heard about the engineering dorms when I attended campus tours and decided to look more into it. I looked up the Engineering House and I fell in love! The dorm is co-ed and houses surrounded by engineering students of all ages. I knew this would be important when I had a question about a professor or a homework assignment; I had resources right at my fingertips. As I did further research, I realized that I would be able to stay in E-House my whole college career if I got the necessary points each semester. Receiving these points is not a difficult task, and I have had no trouble getting all of my necessary points before the deadline. I finally decided to do the extra application and apply to live in E-House. I was accepted and I am so glad that I chose to live there!

E-House is located in the West dorms. I met some of my best friends from living there. Whenever I had a question or problem, older students did not hesitate to help. I enjoyed living close to the engineering buildings and the longest it took me to walk to my furthest engineering class was under ten minutes! I would not change my choice for housing and I hope that many of you get the chance to apply and have a positive dorm experience your first year! If you are unable to get into E-House your freshmen year, do not worry! You still have a chance to get in later in your college career if you choose to be an associate member and apply to live there.

I wish all you the best of luck in your first year at Penn State! Try new things, make new friends, and do not be afraid to be yourself! I look forward to meeting all of you during WEPO!

Olivia Caldwell is a junior in Civil Engineering, and is a Mentor for WEPO 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment