Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Gymming

Happy summer ladies! I hope you are soaking up just as much sunshine and happiness as I am while I summer in Charleston, SC. My name is Ashlee and I am a senior in Mechanical Engineering and your Resource Innovations Lead for WEPO 2015! I am so excited to meet all of you lovely incoming freshman and jump start your Penn State experience. You’ve already made some great decisions choosing Penn State and WEPO.

In the past four years at Penn State, fitness has become my passion. Penn State has fantastic facilities for gymming and staying fit and I would love to tell you about them. We have three main gyms: rec hall, white building and IM building.

Rec Hall: This the biggest fitness center we have and it also happens to be my favorite. Located over by West Halls, its home to the Hepper Fitness Center which has more weights and treadmills than you’ll know what to do with. I love coming here and getting my cardio on in the loft area while I people watch the lifters. My favorite fitness class, boot camp, also happens in Rec.

White Building: Located right in the middle of campus, this gym is really convenient if you live in South or Pollock. Ninety percent of the fitness classes that Penn State Fitness offers occur in this building, so you can find me here at least five days a week. You can look at all the classes that Penn State offers here. I recommend boot camp, calorie killer, and power remix.

IM: IM building is brand new and gorgeous. It is right next to east halls, so for all you ladies living up there, this is for you. There are also a lot of classes held here, as well as a huge loft of cardio equipment and weights with a fantastic view of Beaver Stadium.

Ready to get your fitness on?! Your college experience doesn’t have to involve the freshman 15 with all of these great facilities at your disposal. Maybe some of you out there reading these are ready to change your life. I’ve lost 80 lbs since I started my freshman year and gone from being very unhealthy to a fit girl who loves working out. It’s possible!

Ashlee (center) and Melissa (right) participated in the Murph Challenge in honor of Lt. Michael Murphy, the only PSU Alum to receive the Medal of Honor.  The challenge consisted of a mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats, and another mile run! 
I would love some new workout partners if anyone is willing to work hard with me! Melissa, the Design Lead, and I love to gym together.

You can purchase your gym membership here. Its available for one semester or two so you can try it out if you’re feeling cautious, but I know you’ll love it. Enjoy your summer! I can’t wait to meet you in August!


Ashlee Palm is a senior majoring in Mechanical Engineering, and is the Resource Innovations Lead for WEPO'15!

No comments:

Post a Comment