Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Finding Yourself a New Home

I always knew that I wanted to go to Penn State, but when it came time to leave my friends and family, I started to get worried about going so far away. Being from Georgia, I had no friends coming to Penn State with me, and there was no one there that I already knew. While at first it seemed scary, I felt at home as soon as I walked on campus. I found myself introducing myself to random people and meeting new friends left and right. Adapting to what seems like such a big place, wasn’t that hard after all. I found clubs and other little things that I was interested in, and it became clear that Penn State was my new home. 
Of course, you are going to miss your family, and friends back home, but by the time you do you will have tons of new friends to cheer you up! My best advice would be to put yourself out there, search for clubs you are interested in and introduce yourself to new people, you have nothing to lose. Oh, and go to some AMAZING Penn State Football games! Your freshman year will fly by before you know it, make sure you enjoy it, and before you know it you will be calling Penn State home too!

No comments:

Post a Comment