Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Quotes to Live By: Freshman Edition

Alright so I’m not going to lie, I’m not that great at giving advice.  So when it came time for me to post an entry about coming to PSU I really had no clue, it seemed all the good topics were gone.  So I looked back over this past year and tried to think of something to tell you.  And the truth is, part of college is learning how to master college.  So I figured I would give you a few quotes or blurbs that helped me get through my first year.  Hopefully you don’t find them too cliché.  Also a disclaimer I don’t know exactly where all of them came from but I’ll put credit to the ones I know. Also some are just from personal experience.  Here we go:
  • ·       Don’t be afraid to go to the creamery after an exam.  Sometimes you’ll really need it, for good and bad.
  • ·       If you’re overloaded with stress go to the arboretum, run there walk there or whatever.  Just go relax.
  • ·       The most important equation other than ΣF=ma is mind/matter.
  • ·       Choose your dining hall chicken carefully.
  • ·       There’s a time and place for everything, that’s college.
  • ·       Google. Chegg. Yahoo Answers.
  • ·       It’s always a good day to have a good day
  • ·       Heaters have two settings: off and raging inferno
  • ·       Go out and make things happen, they don’t always just happen to you
  • ·       If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.  – Milton Berle
  • ·       Yes, take that 10 minute nap
  • ·       Drink some coffee (or tea) and pretend you know what you’re doing.
  • ·       Do this for you first, then others.
  • ·       “I haven’t started either” can be the most comforting words to hear.
  • ·       Do all of the extra credit you can
  • ·       It’s “try me” not “why me”
  • ·       Be a pineapple: stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
  • ·       Collect moments, not just things.
  • ·       Focus on the good
  • ·       You’re allowed to scream and cry but not give up.
  • ·       Push yourself harder than you ever thought you could. – Dr. Cindy Parsons



So hopefully some of those help you out.  Good Luck!

Jenny Lynskey is a sophomore majoring in Mechanical Engineering and is a Rover for WEPO'16!

No comments:

Post a Comment