Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Eating Downtown

One of my favorite traditions from sophomore year was taking a homework break and going to Noodles & Company with my friends every Thursday for lunch. We went so often that we downloaded their rewards app! From the steak stroganoff to the penne rosa I loved every minute of it and I always looked forward to the delicious food and the time spent with friends. Even if noodles aren't your thing, there are plenty of restaurants downtown where you can treat yourself and spend time with all the new people you will be meeting during your first year of college!!


If you're craving a good, filling salad look no further than Fiddlehead! One-size only the salad bowls are bigger than your head! Completely customizable and on the go, Fiddlehead is the perfect choice when you want to get lunch and dinner all in one stop! It became a lifesaver for me during finals week when I wanted something a little heathier to fuel my mind and I didn't quite have the time to go searching for lunch AND dinner.


Galanga by Cozy Thai is a hidden gem if you are living on the south side of campus. I lived just a two-minute walk from this restaurant my sophomore year and it quickly became a favorite of mine. Drunken Noodles with some Thai iced tea was my go to. My roommate and I would often go pick up our favorite treat together to take back to our dorm room. .


Craving something a little sweeter? DUCK DONUTS HAS ARRIVED IN PENN STATE! My first Duck Donuts experience was AMAZING. There is nothing I like better than a cake donut, and even better? They make them fresh with every order, so you get them piping hot out of the fryer! Fried cake? Best invention ever.

By: Lexie Smathers (Mentor Team K) 

No comments:

Post a Comment