Monday, July 8, 2019

Best Places to Eat Off Campus: DP Dough

Get in the Zone, Calzone


Penn State is a huge campus with many things to offer! This being said, it makes sense that there are plenty of options to eat- both on campus and downtown. For my first semester, I was totally overwhelmed by the number of places that I could go and the different foods that I could try. Within a few weeks, however, I found one of my favorite places to eat- D.P. Dough. 

Once discovered, I would stop any chance I could, begging my friends to go there over almost any place else. D.P. Dough is a chain restaurant with locations all over the country, but being from a small town, I had never heard of them. They specialize in calzones and have SO! MANY! OPTIONS!! All the names are unique and the fillings are delicious. They range from standard pizza toppings to crazy combinations like the Falling Rock Zone that has bacon, tots, cheddar, mozzarella, and a side of sour cream. The one in State College even has breakfast themed calzones and offers more options than the national website lists. You can even custom build your calzone, picking meats, veggies, cheese, and sauces. 

Their prices are reasonable, too, coming in at about $7 and change per order. This location even has an added bonus- they have a “Zone of the Day” and will offer a specific calzone at a discounted price. It's a college student dream. But somehow, it gets even better. Their hours during the semester are typically from 11:00am to 3:00am- a perfect late night snack. Don’t feel like walking? You’re in luck! They deliver and participate in programs like GrubHub. If you do feel up to walking, they are located in a strip mall right behind McClanahan’s in downtown State College, right off of East College Ave. 

As far as I know, everyone who has tried this place would wholeheartedly recommend. If you enjoy pizza, you will love it here. The quality and convenience cannot be beaten for the price. 
(This was not a sponsored blog :) )

Adriana Walp

Team C Envoy

No comments:

Post a Comment