Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Scrumptious Snacks

Mmmmm, knowing the best place to find a good study snack is so so important! I know for me at least, rewarding myself with a tasty snack while studying really gets me through midterms and exams. Luckily for everyone, there are a lot of great options at Penn State! One of my all time favorite spots to get a quick, healthy snack is Playa Bowl. They have amazing smoothie bowls, smoothies, and juices. There are so many options for each kind (my favorite has to be a good green bowl 10/10 recommend). There is also Fruita Bowls on Beaver Ave that has a lot of similar options! Whenever I need something warm and savory, I’ll head to Auntie Anne’s to grab a pretzel. Major bonus points because the Auntie Anne’s is also a combination Cinnabon and Carvel. So if you are craving savory but your friend wants something sweet, it’s the perfect place! Plus it is right on College Ave near South and Pollock Halls.

Also, I for one am a huge ice cream lover. I firmly believe that there is nothing better than a post-exam milkshake at the creamery, and it certainly eases those post-exam worries! Another great option for ice cream is Coldstone or Rita’s water ice. I could never get tired of ice cream so these are definitely some of my more frequent snack stops to get through studying! Momotaro is another great option, for a quick break. They have amazing milk and fruit teas. They are also right across from Hammond, so you could always slip out of the engineering library or Kunkle for a quick study break to grab something there! 


Overall no matter where you are, what you are hungry for, or what you need a quick break from (labs, exams, a seemingly endless amount of math/physics problems just to name a few ;) ), there are so many options for a quick snack!
  • Coldstone
  • Momotaro
  • Auntie Anne’s
  • Playa Bowl
  • Creamery

Aileen Hughes
Team J Envoy

No comments:

Post a Comment