Friday, July 20, 2018

Items That Aren’t On the Basic To Buy Dorm Room List

Some amazing things that you would never think of buying for dorm shopping have turned out to be the best things I bought for college. The #1 thing I have used continuously throughout college has been my Brita water filter. I drink a lot of water, especially on those hot august days, and like most college students I find it less expensive and easier to carry my own reusable water bottle. Having a water filter made it easy to have fresh water every day without having to carry large cases of water to the 7th floor of my dorm where I lived. 

Another great device I bought for my room was Clorox Wipes. They can clean every little space in your dorm, and are great for battle the cold that your roommate has so you don’t get it too. They are easy to store and beat having to get out cleaners with buckets of water. 

Another one of my favorite things I bought for college has been my Keurig coffee marker. As an avid coffee drinker and lover nothing beats a nice hot personally made coffee from there. But what does beat it, is not having to stand in the 20-minute line in the Hub, and saving $3 on your average coffee from there by making your own in your dorm room with single serve cups. Whatever you are in a pinch to get to class in the morning, or just want to enjoy your coffee in your room without having to leave in the morning it’s great. This item can be more on the expensive side of things, but if it works out for you like it did me, look on the clearance section, I got mine for half off just because it was red and no one wanted it! Happy dorm shopping!
By: Jenna Labant (Mentor Team F)

No comments:

Post a Comment