Friday, July 6, 2018

Pros and Cons of West Dining Hall

Hello!! My name is Julia, and if you don’t know me, I am a HUGE foodie. With that said, I definitely have ample experience at each dining hall on campus ☺ So, I am here to give you the pros and cons about my favorite dining hall on campus: West!

Before I begin, each dining hall has something special to offer, but West has a few offerings that surpass the others. Let’s begin with the pros. First, West cookies. There is nothing quite like West Dining Hall’s cookies. They are always warm, gooey, and have the perfect ratio of chocolate chips to dough. There really isn’t much more to say about them besides that you must try them (with a scoop of Creamery ice cream, of course). A second pro is that West has a taco bar open every day which has the best guac. Third, every Friday, West has my favorite chicken salad. I love toasting a flat bread sandwich and making a chicken salad sandwich…it’s delicious, satisfying, and healthy. Next, in my opinion, West has the best salad bar. This dining hall is the only one that has extra special toppings, from roasted brussel sprouts to yummy quinoa salads. Finally, if you do not have time for the full dining hall experience, West has a great made-to-order place which definitely comes in handy.

Now, onto the cons. I honestly cannot think of too many negatives, but there are a few. First, it is not air conditioned. This is not an issue most of the year, but during those few hot weeks in August, you may want to consider eating at another dining hall! Secondly, it does get crowded during prime eating times. However, this is true for all dining halls, so you just have to be patient. Lastly, from my experience, the fro-yo machine at West always seems to be down. However, this could very well be fixed by next year so don’t give up hope yet!

Well, that’s my summary of West dining hall. No matter what dining hall you go to, there are tons of great options, and I am sure there is something you will find and enjoy. Now go enjoy those warm, gooey, world-famous West cookies! ☺ 

By: Julia Sternberg (Mentor Team B) 

No comments:

Post a Comment