Friday, July 20, 2018

Organization: Keeping Your Crazy Life Together So You Never Miss a Due Date

Everyone has their own way of organizing their life. One method isn’t necessarily better than another but it is important to find a system that works for you. Personally, I found it extremely helpful to write everything down. I liked using a calendar for this. I would write down different events such as club meetings, interviews, or football games. Having a visual of the whole month’s plans helped me to manage my time more effectively. I could plan out what nights I would have time to study the most and other nights when I could take a break. Lots of people use electronic calendars such as google calendars instead of a physical calendar. It truly just depends on your preference. I also used a weekly planner to write down due dates of homework. This let me prioritize my responsibilities. Time management is the key to surviving college. 

It is also very important to organize your school material effectively. The last thing you want to be doing the night before a test is looking for missing pages of notes. For each class I would color code my binders. For example, my calculus binders and notebooks were black while my economics binder and notebooks were green. (I highly suggest getting these binders or other important materials at home before coming to state college because Target and McLanahan's are typically running dangerously low on stock by the end of move-in day.) Bins for all your notebooks and binders can also be helpful so that all your notebooks don’t take up room on top of your dorm desk, which depending on your dorm can sometimes be pretty small. Again, these were my favorite ways to stay organized. It is important that you find a method that works for you!

By: Genna Aldridge (Envoy Team F) 

No comments:

Post a Comment